THE NJ TRANSIT – NY WATERWAY - BUS-FERRY TRAVEL OPTION
Now You Can Enjoy a Faster Evening Commute with the New Joint Bus-Ferry tickets.
NJ TRANSIT and NY Waterway have partnered to provide you a great alternative for your evening trip home. The new Bus-Ferry travel option is for customers of bus routes 156R, 158 and 159R who want a solution to evening commuting congestion at the Port Authority Bus Terminal.
Being a Bus-Ferry Commuter is Fast and Easy!
- Take your regular morning bus into Manhattan.
- In the evening, avoid the busy Port Authority Bus Terminal by using any of the free NY Waterway multi-route buses to the Midtown Ferry Terminal (W. 39th. St.).
- Return home fast (about 8-minutes) on a NY Waterway ferry departing every 10 minutes from Midtown Manhattan (4:10pm-7:50pm).
- Evening ferry departures also from World Financial Center and Wall Street/Pier 11.
- Finish your trip home by connecting with regularly scheduled NJ TRANSIT buses at Port Imperial to your stop along River Road, Gorge Road or Palisade Avenue.
|Save up to 30 Minutes or more on your commute home
NJ TRANSIT Bus Schedule
For Port Imperial Ferry Terminal
156R, 158, 159R
NJ TRANSIT ticket windows and ticket vending machines at Port Authority Bus Terminal. Ask for the New Bus-Ferry Joint Tickets.
Monthly and 10-trip ticket packages only
NJ TRANSIT ticket includes
Morning bus transportation to Port Authority and evening bus transportation home from Port Imperial
NY Waterway ticket includes
- Free afternoon buses to the ferry on 5 Manhattan routes
- Ferry service every 10 minutes from Midtown, (departures also from World Financial Center and Wall St/Pier 11)
- 8 minute boat trip to Port Imperial / Weehawken
Call us at 1.800.53.FERRY or email us at email@example.com